Monday, January 14, 2008

First Days

Sooo do you hate or do you love the first days of new jobs. I hate them. This one should of been easy as I was returning to an "old" job, one that I was comfortable and enjoyed, but I still had nerves... and felt sick. All the pressure to perform etc was back again. Part of people knowing that I am not totally new is good but also bad, I hope they don't expect too much of me, aaghh the pressure. I hate expectations etc. I go to pieces. Apart from that it was a lovely day. Hopefully I'll be able to cope tomorrow with a "baby" load.... so anyway enough of the crap.. onto the alphabet of moi!

BBBBBBBBBBB

B is for lots of things.. but the first thing that sprung to mind is books. I love them!! As a child I spent many hours immersed in Enid Blyton, Judy Blume, The Babysitters Club.. lots and lots of stuff. I stopped reading when I went to boarding school and have only just recently gotten back into reading in the last few years, thanks to a neighbour who had a lovely bookcase full of great books. She got me into all those lovely chick books by Maeuve Binchy and Cathy Kelly etc. The best read I'd had in a long time was reading the Bronze horseman trilogy by Belinda Alexandra.. awesome books.

B is also for Babies.. I love them too, would have millions of them but unfortunately like all good things, they must come to an end and they turn into toddlers, which turn into 3 year olds then four year olds.. and well you get the picture.

So anyway I think I'll leave B there for tonight...not really in the best mood for blogging. xx

1 comment:

T-Mac said...

Hey Mel!! I didn't know you had a blog but I stumbled upon it tonight while looking at someone else's blog which I hardly ever do!

I have been lurking on EB when I get time but haven't had time to post for ages so just wanted to say hi!

I can soooo relate with your new job feelings - I started a new job last week and still not sure if I made the right decision. I am sure you will be fantastic - you are a lovely person and I would love to have a nurse like you if I was in that situation.

Anyway I have you in my favourites now (I hope that doesn't sound stalkerish either lol) so I will be checking in when I can to see how your A-Z is going.

Take care

Tracey