Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Year.....another attempt??




Not sure why I am bothering to do this as I am a terrible blogger.... absolutely shocking. My last post was on the 1st of August last year... that was over 5 months ago. I love the idea of a blog, I love that I can just chat away, almost like a diary, but I am lazy... so very, very, very lazy. There it is, I said it.. I can always find something else to do rather than the task at hand. For example, I have now been sitting here for an hour and a half. I have been telling myself that I am going to clean my room today.. just like I did yesterday, and the day before. We have been living in this house for almost 5 weeks and it's still not done. I suppose I will go and do it once I have done this....... or maybe not. The kids have not bothered me once all morning. C didn't wake me up, I found him in the loungeroom, playing the Nintendo DS and the other two didn't get up until after 8. They have since been watching tv in the loungeroom. FAAAAAAAAAAR too much television has been watched in this house these holidays, but I am figuring that it's holidays and I'm on holidays too, just like them and if they want to spend all day in front of the tele...well I'm going to let them. I guess the bad parent police will not be far from knocking on my doorstep now.




On EB somebody suggested making a Thankful book of 2008. As I've already mentioned.. I'm lazy, so this is something I may or may not get around to doing, but I am going to try and document my thankfuls and gratefuls here on this blog... at least that is the plan.




We are almost 2 weeks into the New Year and so far my thankfuls are:




1. I am surrounded by family and good friends.


2. My middle child Lachlan turned 5.


3. I was able to walk into the hospital, and regain my old job with very little fuss.


4. I have been able to sleep in on numerous occasions.


5. It has rained nearly every day.


6. We have access to pools to go swimming.


7. The children have been very happy to laze around and are not asking to go anywhere.


8. My husband tells me he loves me every day.


9. I have access to the internet again.... pheww.


10. I have sorted out my spam problem.... so serious that one!




Another thing I have been inspired to do is an alphabet of me...I have seen this done on a few blogs, the most recent being Amanda. There is something about Amanda that draws me to read her blog. I met Amanda through the EB scrapping girls. She is an original, she is kind and a leader. She seems to be a very peaceful person, although reading her blog there has been many rough times in her life. She is a nurse too, so maybe that is it, but I love her scrapping style and enjoy the few chats we have had. I am making myself sound like a stalker...aaghh. Anyway big waves to you Amanda! So I guess we start we start at the very beginning... A




AAAAAAAAAAAAAA


A is for Adam...my husband of 7 years, 8 on September the 23rd, 2008. For me, it wasn't love at first sight... although it apparently was for him. He remembers seeing me dancing at the bank niteclub and thinking I was a hottie.. methinks maybe too many drinkies for Adam. I actually don't really remember meeting him.. he was always kind of just there. It must of been at the beginning of 1997 as we got together in May of that year.. May 16th if we want to be precise. He hung around with a group of guys, a group of us girls had met over the Christmas holdidays of 1996. I remember him "smutting"..(the word for pashing at the time) a friend of mine and thinking ewwwwwwwwww. Then another friend and I began to notice him for the lovely guy he was. He was kind, thoughtful, funny, friendly and had GREAT legs. On that night we said to each other, may the best woman win. I guess that was me?? She ended up with another guy, although it didn't have the happy ending that we did. It was a drunken night for him.. and he claimed to have not remembered much, but he did apparently...the good bits I heard. So that's him, my husband, my friend. He is still kind, thoughtful, can be funny, friendly, his legs are still a bit of alright and he still tells me he loves me every day and also how beautiful I am. I give him a hard time, I am not proud of it. I am difficult to live with I'm sure, he is very tolerant.


No comments: